Thursday, May 11, 2017

When It Rains It Pours

We cannot stop being angry about the student abuses that has been taking place involving people of authority in the the school system.  First, we were shocked by the death of the 11 year old boy who died in Johor, after taking a severe beating.

Now, another case have surfaced. This time it is in Klang.  We must come together, as parents, as teachers in one voice and say NO to corporal punishment. The Star has the story. Read below, and keep “staying angry” :
KLANG: Another case of a beating in a religious school has surfaced with an 11-year-old boy claiming an ustaz (religious teacher) in a private religious boarding school had abused him and threatened him with more punishment if he complained to his parents.
“He also said my brain would not be able to memorise the Quran if I complained about an ustaz,” said Muhammad Resan Abdullah.
The ustaz has since been charged in court but after reading about the fate that had be­fallen Mohamad Thaqif Amin Mohd Gadaffi, his parents engaged a lawyer yesterday to re-examine the case.
“He was the same age as my son. I thought what had happened to my son was an isola­ted case but it seems not.
“We have spoken with our lawyer to see what we can do,” said the boy’s mother Suraya Fatima Abdullah.
The ustaz was charged under Section 324 of the Penal Code for causing hurt.
Mohamad Thaqif died on Wednesday due to health complications after he was abused by an assistant warden at Tahfiz Al-Jauhar, Kota Tinggi, Johor.
Suraya Fatima said she was saddened by Mohamad Thaqif’s death and realised the same could have happened to her son.
“Such abuse must be stopped. Parents send their children to religious schools to acquire knowledge and become good Muslims, not to be beaten up like this,” she said.
According to Muhammad Resan’s medical report, the boy had multiple bruises on his back and chest wall.
He also had severe constipation due to low fibre and fluid intake.
“My son was admitted at the Klang Hospital (Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital) for two weeks,” said Suraya Fatima.
Muhammad Resan was at the school only for a few weeks when his parents found him weak and covered in bruises during a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment